National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, proposes that every accredited institution should institute an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality enhancement measure which aims at performance evaluation, assessment & accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education. Ever since quality enhancement is an unremitting procedure, the IQAC will become a part of an institution’s system and work on the way to realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The main aspiration of IQAC is to build up a scheme that consistently improves the performance of institutions. The IQAC will make a noteworthy and momentous involvement in the post-accreditation stage of institutions. Throughout the post-accreditation period, the IQAC will coordinate the efforts and measures of an institution en route for academic brilliance.
An Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) has been constituted in the college based on the recommendation given by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council. The primary aim of the IQAC is to develop a system for recording and monitoring quality measures of the institution with a view of academic and administrative performance. The IQAC is responsible for the quality- related initiatives of the institution including the optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching, learning and evaluation. The IQAC has its own strategies and quality measures and channelize the effects and measures of the institution towards academic excellence.
|SG Lecturer in English
|Lecturer in Chemistry
|Lecturer in Hindi
|Lecturer in Economics
|Lecturer in Botany
|Lecturer in Zoology
|Smt.M.Sai Bhagya Lakshmi
|III BSC (MSCS0
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra – institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.