Anti Ragging Cell – Profile
The ragging is strictly prohibited in our collegen and taken measures of prohibition and prevention as per UGC REGULATION 2009. The principal of the college is constituted Anti-ragging committee for prevention as well as the prohibition of ragging in the college campus which is to create “ragging free “within the campus and as well as to create and make a “joyful atmosphere” in our college campus.
What Constitutes Ragging?
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person;
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher.
- To Explain UGC regulations 2009 on curbing the menace of ragging in higher educational institutions to the students and parents at the time of joining itself.
- To organize general orientation or sensitization classes to freshers along with senior students about “Section 2 (e) of AP Prohibition of Ragging Act, 1997”.
We, the Students , Scholars, Teaching and Administrative staff of SKR Government Degree College firmly resolve to take a pledge today that we withstand united in making this College “ Ragging Free ” College and We will not involve in ragging either indeed, action and thought in our personal lives. We will promote fraternity and brotherhood with dignity to make this College a “Ragging Free” College.
Anti Ragging, General Discipline & Student Grievance Committee
|1||Smt.BVB Lakshmi||Lecturer in Politics||Convenor|
|2||Smt.M.Venkayamma||Lecturer in History||Member|
|3||Smt.P.Kusuma Kameswari||Lecturer in Telugu||Member|
|4||Sri.PSSN Durga Prasad||Lecturer in English||Member|
|5||Sri.K Rama Rao Chowdary||Lecturer in Commerce||Member|
|6||Smt.Y.Sudha Rani||Lecturer in Physical Education||Member|
|7||Sri B.N.Satish Kumar||Sr. Asst.,||Member|
|8||Police Dept.,||Sub-Inspector of Police, I Town Rjy.,||Member|