|Even & Odd
- About Department
- Vision & Mission
- Semester Wise Time Tables
- Courses / Programmes
- Sem-wise Syllabus
- Staff Details
- Strengths and Achievements of Department
- Publications, Patents & Awards
- Dept. meeting Minutes
- Best Practices
- Continuous Internal Assessment
- Student's Progression to Higher Education
- Student's Progression to Employment
- Departmental Activities
- student admissions
About Computer Science Department
Department of Computer Science, SKR college for women established in the year 1989 as an unaided department. It is an innovative program. then introduced by the college under the guidance of then hithakarini samaj committee. From August 16.09.2022. The college has been taken under the control of Government of Andhra Pradesh(GO.Ms.No:28) and the department is now Self-financed under SKR GOVERNMENT DEGREE COLLEGE FOR WOMEN, RAJAHMAHENDRAVARAM.
Computer science is nothing but the study of computers and computing as well as their theoretical and practical applications. It applies the principles of maths, engineering including algorithms with software and hardware development.
The main motto of introducing this department is to enhance technical skills of the students by introducing present trending Courses into their Academic programs.
Courses offered are BSc (MPCS&MSCS).
Every year more than 180 students from BSc Computer Science department are utilizing the best benefits from well-equipped laboratories. It is the best way to learn the subject practically and theoretically.
Vision & Mission
- To develop well-rounded students: including physically, intellectually, socially and emotionally.
- To improve students’ academic performance.
- To instill students with intrinsic motivation to learn.
- To contribute to the teaching and achieving of core performance standards and outcomes.
- To improve students’ behaviour and develop students’ character.
- To develop thinking skills, and the use of the six units as a framework for thinking.
- To promote good mental health in students.
|1||N. Mounica Mahad||M.Tech||2022 To till date|
|2||B. Bhuvaneswari||M.C.A||2022 To till date|
Strengths and Achievements of Department
- Ability to Simplify Concepts for students.
- Passion for Teaching.
- Never Stop Learning.
- Real-World Learning is Prioritized.
- Action Plan and Curricular Plan should be planned and implemented strictly.
- Maintenance of Teaching Notes, Teaching Diary and Marks Registers.
- Observance and Celebration of the Important Days.
- Guidance students for higher educations and placements.
- Providing path to get best placement in companies.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- Study Material is provided to the students
- Division of a Lab programs into manageable steps
- Remedial Classes are arranged for slow learners
- technology-based learning methodology adopted
- Group Discussions, Individual Seminars and Assessments are exceedingly conducted.
|S.No||Year||Result Analysis with Bar graph|
Continuous Assessment is a critical step in the learning process. It determines whether the learning objectives of the course have been met or not. In the past, only observation by the teacher was the main mode of assessment. But in the process of development of a system, there occurred various types of assessments that can be broadly classified as Formative Assessment and Summative Assessment. The former is continuous and is conducted during the teaching-learning process and the latter is to evaluate the student learning at the end of the semester. For Continuous Internal Evaluation/ Assessment our University has adopted the 75+25 Marks External and Internal Examination System. Our University conducts examinations at the end of each semester for both theory and practical sessions and for which Question Papers are prepared by the Controller of Examinations.
For the CIA all activities are divided into 4 categories.
1. Assignments 5 Marks
2. Project/Seminar/GD/ Role-plays/Quiz / Presentation 5 Marks
3. Attendance for Clean and Green Programme 5 Marks
4. Testing of Subject knowledge through Mid-term Exams 20+15 Marks
Total for 2 Mid Exams 50
CIA carried out in our college keeping in mind the words of Plutarch -“The Correct analogy for the mind is not a vessel that needs filling, but wood that needs igniting”. As we were in aided college from (20-21)that time we followed the guidelines of AKNU. We have to implement CIA from 2022-23 onwards as now we are in Govt. Service.
|S.no.||Year||UG/PG programme||Course||Medium||Sanctioned intake||Student