|Academic Year||FIRST YEAR||SECOND YEAR||THIRD YEAR|
- About Department
- Vision & Mission
- Semester Wise Time Tables
- Courses / Programmes
- Sem-wise Syllabus
- Strengths and Achievements of Department
- Staff Details
- Student Admissions
- Publications, Patents & Awards
- Dept. meeting Minutes
- Best Practices
- Continuous Internal Assessment
- Student's Progression to Higher Education
- Student's Progression to Employment
- Departmental Activities
About the Department of English
pivotal role in the personality of an individual. The department of
English was established in 1968.
Language is important because it’s one of the main ways to communicate and interact with other people around us. It keeps us in contact with other people. English language is an example for the importance of a language because it is the international language and has become the most important language to people in many parts of the world. It is most widely used in communicating around the world, Also it is spoken as the first language in many countries. English is playing a major role in many sections like medicine, engineering and business. There are many reasons that makes English is the most important language in the world.
CIRRICULAM AND TEACHING METHOLODY:
An interactive & activity based methodology is followed via group
discussions, book reading, debates, language quiz, role-plays &
presentations, core areas of focus include public speaking, personality grooming, job skills and social awareness.
The language lab is optimally used to train the Students in “LISTENING COMPREHENSION”. Continuous evaluation is done through various modes-projects, presentations, group discussions, assignments, listening Comprehension, class room, interactions, seminars, t.v programs, news paper cuttings.
Vision & Mission
- To equip the students to become effective global communicators.
- To give the students a firm grounding in communication practice To use the literary content of the text in refining their human sense & sensibilities.
- To make the students competent in the basics of the English language & grammar enhance their English listening speaking, reading, writing skills.
- To build life skills through value based education and service
Strengths & Achievements of Department
- Quality in Teaching
- Action Plan and Curricular Plan should be planned and implemented strictly
- Maintenance of Teaching Notes, Teaching Diary and Marks Registers
- Tutor/ Ward System
- Bringing out the hidden talents of the students through various competitions like Essay Writing, Quiz , Elocution , Debates, Seminars, Peer Teaching , Creative Writing
- Membership in various Voluntary Organisations like Bharat Vikas Parishad, Friends Service Society, Rjy and participate actively in
xtension and service activities
- Observance and Celebration of the Important Days like the Youth Day, The English Language Day, The Birthday of APJ Abdul Kalam, The International Literacy Day, The International Translation Day, The Girl Child Day etc.
- Dedicated Faculty members
ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- Student of English Literature Princy Varghese received the Best Outgoing Award.
- Got 100% Result in III Year B.A. Special English.
- Study Material is provided to the students.
- Consistent academic result of 90%+ is maintained.
- General and Special English are offered by the Department.
- Interactive, Participatory and Learner- Centred methodology are adopted.
- Guest Lectures by eminent personalities are arranged.
- Remedial Classes are arranged for slow learners.
- Dr. B.Anuradha, Incharge of the Department is the Convener, UG Board of Studies, English Department, Adikavi Nannaya University, Rajahmundry.
- Dr. B.Anuradha acted as Subject Expert, Board of Studies, Department of English, Government College Autonomous, Rajahmundry.
- Dr. B.Anuradha teaches Spoken English to the students of Gandhi Nagar Municipal School, Rajahmundry.
- Dr. B. Anuradha -Paper Setter for V.S.Krishna Government Degree , Visakhapatnam.
- Dr. B. Anuradha- Setter for UG. Special English , Adikavi Nannaya University.
- Mr.P.S.S.N.Durga Prasad teaches Spoken English to the students of Gayathri Degree College, Kodiyam & Vagdevi Junior College, Kodiyam.
Department of English Staff
|S.No||Name||Qualification||Experience in years||Period (From-to)|
|1||Dr.B.Anuradha Suryakumari||MA.,M.Phil.,Ph.D||37||1984 to till date|
|2||Mr.PSSN Durga Prasad||MA.||11||2012-tilldate|
|3||Mr.K.Chinni Babu||MA., MEd||07||2015 to till date|
|4||Mr.JR Tagore||MA.,B.Ed||06||2016 to till date|
|5||Smt.B. Janaki||MA English||03||2019 To till date|
Continuous Assessment is a critical step in the learning process. It determines whether the learning objectives of the course have been met or not. In the past, only observation by the teacher was the main mode of assessment. But in the process of development of a system, there occurred various types of assessments that can be broadly classified as Formative Assessment and Summative Assessment. The former is continuous and is conducted during the teaching-learning process and the latter is to evaluate the student learning at the end of the semester. For Continuous Internal Evaluation/ Assessment our University has adopted the 75+25 Marks External and Internal Examination System. Our University conducts examinations at the end of each semester for both theory and practical sessions and for which Question Papers are prepared by the Controller of Examinations.
For the CIA all activities are divided into 4 categories.
1. Assignments 5 Marks
2. Project/Seminar/GD/ Role-plays/Quiz / Presentation 5 Marks
3. Attendance for Clean and Green Programme 5 Marks
4. Testing of Subject knowledge through Mid-term Exams 20+15 Marks
Total for 2 Mid Exams 50
CIA carried out in our college keeping in mind the words of Plutarch -“The Correct analogy for the mind is not a vessel that needs filling, but wood that needs igniting”. As we were in aided college from (20-21)that time we followed the guidelines of AKNU. We have to implement CIA from 2022-23 onwards as now we are in Govt. Service.