The Learning Resource Center (Library) has the basic responsibility of providing the collection resources and services to the students and faculty of SKR Government Degree College for Women. In line with the mission statement of the institution in which the library organization is an integral part and as an intellectual resource of the academic community, the following are the vision, mission, goals and objectives of the Library.
It is the vision of the Library to support the institution and its stakeholder by providing seamless access to the widest possible spectrum of information resources such as digital, online databases, print and non-print materials relevant to the curricular, informational and innovative research needs of the academic community’, means to provide Right Information to the Right Users at the Right Time and in the Right Format.
The mission is to provide college students with the information they need to achieve their highest academic potential and help them acquire research skills necessary for lifelong learning.
To support teaching faculty & administrative staff and to participate in interactive information to exchange within the wider library / educational community.
STRATEGIC GOALS AND OBJETIVES:
The following are the goals and objectives of SKR College for Women Library Services System:
- To develop and enhance the capability of the library resources and services in meet the demands of the curricular, instructional, and research programs of the academic community by providing regular funding to yearly acquisition of library materials.
- To establish a computer infrastructure of all library operations and services by acquiring library computer software and hardware to make computerization functional.
- To establish a strong library linkage with other institutions and agencies in the country and if possible with organizations and agencies from foreign countries by seeking contact with these agencies.
- To strengthen the library’s bond to the library patrons by establishing “Friends of the Library” program which would assist in the development of the library collection.
- To provide services that enhance the quest for knowledge and intellectual activity.
- To create various bibliographies and library pathfinders for easy access and retrieval of information.
- To create an atmosphere wherein students and faculty may carry on the learning process enjoyable.