Grievances and Redressal Cell – Profile
Grievances and Redressal cell is constituted in the college as per the regulations of UGC. The College has a Grievance Redressal Cell to redress the grievances of its stakeholders. The Cell enables a student to express feelings by initiating and pursuing the grievance procedure in accordance with the rules and regulations of the College. “Grievance Redressal Cell” enquires and analyses the nature and pattern of the grievances in a strictly confidential manner.
- The objective of the Grievance Cell is to develop a responsible and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the College.
- Encouraging the students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
- To make the redressal process fair, impartial and consistent.
- To approach the University for solving the problems relating to the student examinations.
- To ensure transparency in the process of teaching and learning.
- To probe into the matters of harassment.
Process to approach for help
In general, the individual or class level grievances are expressed to the class incharge lecturer or to the faculty who regularly attend their classes. If not solved or satisfied, students are encouraged to use the grievances / suggestion box which is placed at the building entrance hall. The complaint should be on written in a paper mentioning the name and class of the student to the Principal.
- Students can drop their complaints in the grievance box.
- On every 1st and 15th of the month the members of the student grievances cell open the box and collect the complaints.
- The grievance redressal cell scrutinizes all the complaints and necessary action is taken within a few days.
- The action taken for redressal is recorded and the same will be intimated to the students by means of a notice or though their faculty.
- The action should be prompt for better redressal of grievances.